Friday 14 October 2011

Apple & Caramel Cheesecake

I am a dedicated lover of cupcakes, cheesecake, brownies, well you get it, anything sweet.  Lately i have been too tired to cook supper let alone bake. But i have made a promise to myself that i will make atleast two sweet things this month. as a reward, for what im not sure exactly, but il find something. 

I found this delectible recipe on food coma yesterday, and have not been able to stop drooling over it. So it is decided, this will be one of my sweet treats for the month.

So do yourself a favour and watch this space for my take on this lovely recipe. I will admit though, the last time i tried to make cheesecake, it came out like a smoothie, dispite the fact that i left it in the fridge for many hours.  So all my hopes are hanging on this one cheesecake recipe, wishing its not like all the others.

Ingredients

Graham Crackers - 8-9, crushed
Brown sugar - 2T
Butter - 5T, melted
Apple pie filling - 1
Cream cheese - 1 packet
Lemon juice - 1T
Eggs - 2
Sugar - 1/3 cups
Caramel - 1tin
Cinnamon sticks - to garnish


Method

Preheat oven at 200
Crush graham crackers in food processor or beater.
Combine brown sugar, melted butter and graham crackers.
press into a thin layer at the bottom of a spring form pan.
Place apple filling on top of Graham cracker mix.

In a bowl combine cream cheese, lemon juice, eggs and sugar until nearly smooth ( a few lumps are fine).
Spead the cream cheese mix onto the apple pie filling.
Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Allow to cool for a few hours, or even over night.
Before serving drizzle caramel over the top and garnish with cinnamon sticks.



Maybe somebody else should try this out before me and let me know how it comes out.
Please let me know if you are daring enough to try this.
Thanks

x



No comments:

Post a Comment