If you havent tried this yet, this would be the perfect time to. Its the new trend for this season and I have been really interested in getting a coral and a deep red lipstick but to be honest, i was also a bit afraid that it wouldnt suit me or i would just look like i was over doing it, but i found the trick to the bold lip.
I would suggest going MAC, just because i prefer them, they have a wide range of wonderful lipsticks and anything else related to skin care and make up. Once you step in you will have one of the friendly MAC staff eager to help you out with any queries you might have. They guide you toward the colours that best suit your skin tone along with giving you a step by step on the best ways to apply your new lipstick.
I'm really loving coral as a lipstick for spring. Its light and whimsical, which is great for day and evening make up. But since i have only tried out the red, ill give you a report on this.
- Lip liner - With any bold lip colour, you really need to apply lip liner first to have it look clean and defined. You don't want your lips bleeding (lipstick colour leaking into the skin around the lips) an hour after application.
- Trace lips - you trace on the outer line of your lips all the way around, doing each lip individually. Your upper and lower lips are not identical. Make sure to trace on your lips and not the skin around your lips. Have cotton buds handy for any mistakes
- Colour in rest of lips - lightly color in the rest of your lips with the lip liner. this helps to hold the colour for longer.
- Apply lipstick - carefully guide lipstick over lips and fix any errors, if any.
- Gloss - i wouldn't recommend this because i think a bold lip colour is just over done with gloss and I'm really not a fan of gloss, but for those of you who are this would be the time to go for it.
Hope this was helpful