Thursday 26 January 2012

Blue Bird Pantry


Last week a friend and i decided that we needed to go for lunch to catch up and immediately the Blue Bird Pantry popped into my mind. I have been wanting to go since it opened up and now that I've gone, well ill be recommending this sweet place to every tom, dick & harry.

To start with the food & service was fanominal.  Really top notch. I had bacon, brie, onion marmalade & rocket on toasted croissant and boy was it good.  Dear god dear lord, i sound just like my mother.  But in all seriousness get yourself to this lovely place.

The decor is exactly how i want my house to be, mismatched quirky furniture, long wooden tables & best of all awesome kink knacks that are on sale. Like that super cool tin with the girl holding the kitten. I was so tempted to buy it and use it as a lunch box, it just reminds me of those old school lunch boxes, the ones your grandparents had.

I have only good things to say about this place.  If you cant get there during the day, don't despair, they also hold a weekly night market every Friday.  Its just behind the restaurant. Ive been and its lovely, a really neighbourhood feel, very homey.  When i went it kind of reminded me of walking into my grannies kitchen, smelling of real home cooked comfort food.  H ow can that not make you happy.

Go check it out, you can only love it.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment